Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Crown Restaurant - Indianola MS

Buttery, nutty, decadent, and Southern.  The Crown has been in business for over 30 years, and it is the perfect place for Southern Baptist ladies to swallow calories and swap gossi...er...small talk.  I patted my mouth on my napkin and Paula Deen's likeness appeared on it.  The ambiance here is very Southern Living, but not so much as to offend masculinity.  They could cover me in doilies for all I care.  Their Catfish Allison is naughty.  And they serve all-you-want beer bread to assist in sopping up all the butter out of the casserole dish.  The sweet tea is accordingly magnificent, and the coffee is complimentary.  They have a dessert buffet if you really want to turbocharge your exodus into morbid obesity.  This is how to get fat in genteel fashion, y'all.
Catfish Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment